Fee Schedule for Services
$ 175.00 Individual Psychotherapy per 60-minute session
$ 200.00 Couples Therapy per 60- minute session (Insurance may not cover couples therapy)
$ 120.00 Telephone consultations for individuals or professionals (30 minutes)
-Sometimes you just want to tell someone your story and ask some questions to get a different perspective
- Calling about a friend, family member or patient/client who may have emotional problems.
- Not sure you are ready for therapy yet but would like a professional opinion.
$ 25.00 Per session Billing service surcharge for HMO plans and out of network benefit plans. Flex benefits can be used to pay this but insurance will not reimburse for this fee.
- Many insurance plans have increased the amount of paperwork associated with authorizations and claims submission (billing)
- Direct Billing Claims submission is a valuable service offered which allows you to utilize your insurance benefits without having to pay the full fee at the time of the session.
- Insurance plans may restrict the types of therapy and duration of sessions paid for by the plan.
-This fee helps to offset these unexpected charge off's by your insurance plan and will not be assessed to you without the above stated justifications.
Telehealth services are $175.00 per session
- Under the most recent COVID - 19 emergency authorizations Telehealth is available anyone in the US for any reason . This authorization is set to be reviewed in February of 2022
Ask-A-Therapist = $50.00 (30 minute phone call or email response) payable via credit card ( see "make a payment" section of this website) .
Extended phone consultations are pro-rated $$30.00 each additional 15 minutes.
-Send Terese a question about a mental health issue via email, mail or phone and receive a confidential response from a trained professional.
I am currently In network with AETNA, ANTHEM BCBS, BCBS, CIGNA, AND UNITED HEALTH CARE / OPTUM. I have a limited ability certain times of year to accept Employee Assistance Plans (EAP'S) as payment for services. I participate with the following EAP plans: AETNA EAP, ANTHEM EAP, MINES & ASSOCITES, AND UHC / OPTUM EAP.
I will accept assignment (direct payment) from all other PPO insurance plans provided you have out of network benefits with at least 60% coverage. You will also be responsible for any copayment or coinsurance that is due. Mental Health Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Copayments are always the same flat fee ($10, $20, etc) and co-insurance is a percentage of ^ “Usual, Customary and Reasonable” (UCR) charges which is an industry wide regional rate (currently $135.00). This is not always accurately reflected on the insurance EOB’s. WPS has an agreement with the insurance company to accept a contracted rate of pay from Insurance for specific services but this does not impinge upon base rate with which your coinsurance is determined. Each Client is responsible for any fees left unpaid by insurance for any reason other than due to a WPS error. As a courtesy, payments can be made using FSA/HSA or other debit/ credit card in session or securely online at the WPS website (Click on "Make a Payment" ) via PayPal Credit Card processing center. A 3% bank processing fee will apply to credit/debit/ FSA/HSA/HRA payment made in the session or via the website. . This fee is waived for payments made directly though via PayPal your PayPal account. You have the option to also pay with cash, check or using PayPal Credit ® services.
When you call your insurance : Ask them the following questions:
- Do I have outpatient mental health insurance benefits?
- What are my In and out of network Outpatient Mental Health benefits?
- What are my out of pocket costs? (copayment, coinsurance % and/or deductible)
- How much of my annual deductible has been met for this Calendar/plan year?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Do I need a pre-authorization for outpatient mental health therapy?
Sliding Fee Scale/Reduced fee:
Reduced fee services are need-based available on a limited basis. I offer a negotiated reduced per session charge in order to assist people who are facing financial hardship. The negotiated fee will be calculated by a combination of annual household income, number of children and/or elderly parents residing in the home, temporary unemployment, medical condition and disability. Please call or email to see if you may qualify for a reduced fee. Reduced fees must be negotiated and the agreement in writing prior to the first session. Reduced fees cannot be negotiated after the fact or used to cover sessions retroactively.
Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted for payment. A 3% service fee is added to credit and debit card transactions made in session and using the website.. This is the fee charged by merchant services. PayPal Credit may be available to you so you can pay for services even when you are low on cash or do not want to use a credit card. Payment is due on the date of service unless other arrangements have been made in advance and in writing. Payments made 7 days or later following an appointment will be assessed an additional $10.00 fee.
You will be assessed a $100.00 fee If you do not show (NC) up for your scheduled therapy appointment or cancel (LC) with less than 24 hours notice. Insurance will not pay for missed sessions. You may be required to pay the NS/LC fee before being able to schedule another appointment with the therapist following a missed appointment.
Request a therapy appointment online here .
Questions? Please contact me for further information.